Do you ever have one one those days, when you’re feeling a bit low, and you start asking yourself questions .. why ? Well last weekend i was feeling exceptionally low, and started asking myself, ” What is happiness ?” – ” How do you define Happiness ?” … n then i went on n asked everyone i met for the rest of the week … here are a few replies i got …
- Happiness is exploring new places, tasting new things
- Happiness … depends, right now drinking tea and enjoying the cool weather is happiness. I wouldn’t change for anything.
- Happiness is…(profound) knowing that sadness exists …(practical) Sharing a great meal w/love
- Happiness is with Friends and Family
- I define happiness as … sitting quietly on my front porch, watching a rainstorm dance by, observing all of nature joyously celebrating it’s abundance
- I define happiness as … walking through the dewy summer grass barefoot, the smile on a person’s face upon seeing you, the warm sun shining on your face, the feeling of being completely loved faults and all
- Happiness is … having the freedom, health and opportunity to do great things for myself and others.
- Happiness is being at peace with myself and those around me and being able to give
- I define happiness as … standing in the rain and really feeling every single rain drop that touches you, and knowing that each drop is a not a tear from God above but a drop of his everlasting love falling sown on us.
- Happiness is … comfortable shoes …
- Happiness – Simple stuff: a child laughing, sun shining, flowers blooming, art, feeding people, helping others in need … all make me happy!
According to me there is no perfect definition for happiness. Everyone has their own meaning to it. For some its a long time achievement for some its momentary happiness. I believe happiness is based on happenings, its a fleeting emotion that comes and goes. Takes you up high and at times, low below. Happiness to me comes from little things, from simple joys of day to day life. To me its not a goal … but a feeling of Joy. Joy comes with happiness, you can’t have joy and at the same time you’re unhappy … How do you define happiness … What makes you happy ??
Its always a good thing to have some layers of cake in the freezer. Always comes in handy for these kinda days, when you’re really not upto baking, yet desire something sweet. I always have a layer of genoise n chocolate cake for emergencies … sometimes i get irresistible pangs of sweet cravings, and so i have to be prepared So with the cake at hand, making this dessert cake becomes extremely easy.
1 + 1/2 tsp Matcha green tea powder
1-2 tbsps hot milk
4 tbsps mascarpone
4 tbsp cream
2 tbsp caster sugar
1 + 1/2 tsp gelatin powder dissolved in 3 tbsp water
1 layer of chocolate cake
If you want to make them in individual molds, start with cutting the shapes out in the chocolate cake, 3 layers for each mold. If using one loose bottom round tin, then double the quantity of the ingredients, and take 3 layers of cake. Dissolve the Matcha with the hot milk. Let it cool. Loosen the mascarpone with the cream and beat it up together. Add the sugar, matcha and the gelatin mixture and mix well. Place the bottom layer of the cake in the tin, and pour some of this mixture on the top. If you find it too thick then add some more cream before you pour it on top. Put this in the freezer and let it set. The gelatin will make it set quickly. Once you think its firm enough, repeat this step with the second layer, and then the third. Finally let it set overnight. When you’re ready to serve, loosen the cake and remove from tin. Sprinkle with grated chocolate. Alterately you could just make it in a glass. I cut the broken corners of the chocolate cake and set this dessert in a glass. And the glass version does not need gelatin. Just keep the mascarpone mixture thick, and pour it over the top. This would make for more of a Matcha n Dark Chocolate dessert smoothie Enjoy !