Some days you binge and eat bad, some days you balance it out. Balancing it out shouldn’t be too difficult if you put in a tiny bit of effort to make look and taste wonderful. The simplest of ingredients can come to life when paired correctly and anything that looks good to begin with satisfies half your appetite. Its automatically a happy meal. This salad is one such effortless meal. Simple and satisfying.
- 1 Zucchini
- 1 cup Blanched Brocolli
- 1/2 cup Peas, boiled in salted water
- Flat leaf parsley
- Fresh Oregano
- 1/2 Avocado
Prepare the veggies …
- Make Zucchini noodles using a noodle maker.
- Blanch the cut florets of Broccoli in hot water for 5 mins, and run under cold water and dry on kitchen paper.
- Boil the peas till just about done in salted water. Drain and run under cold water, dry on kitchen paper.
- Slice finely one half of an avocado and roll and place on the centre of the plate.
- Style as you please and garnish with fresh herbs.
- Drizzle with dressing.
- 7-8 large Basil leaves
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
- Cashews – a tight fistful
- 1 clove of Garlic
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp water
Blend all this together to make a smooth paste in a small grinder. This dressing is full on flavour and very creamy. The cashews somehow make a great substitute for cheese and the lime add a kick to the creamy dressing. The water basically aids the grinding, since its a small quantity, but it also makes it lighter. Drizzle generously over the salad and enjoy.